The eye is a very complex structure, composed of the eyeball and its auxiliary structures. Each structure has a specific histology and function, which is essential for vision. Ocular pathology is the study of eye-related diseases. Ophthalmic pathology is the subspecialty of surgical pathology and also a subspecialty of ophthalmology which deals with the diagnosis and characterization of neoplastic and non-neoplastic diseases of the eyes. Most of its methods are based on optical microscopy of glass slides containing tissue or liquid preparation slices extracted from patient samples. After using staining including histochemistry and immunohistochemistry, the slices are checked for morphological features to help diagnosis. In some cases, auxiliary methods such as molecular analysis or electron microscopy may be required.
Creative Bioarray can provide services include but are not limited to:
- Perform diagnostic histopathology of eye specimens.
- Provide a variety of histochemical staining of eye slices.
- Impression Cytology: done for diagnosis of dry eye, corneal, conjunctival neoplasias, ulcerative eye lid lesions.
- FNAC (Fine needle aspiration cytology): being done for pre-operative diagnosis of palpable orbital, eyelid lesion and enlarged lymph node.
- Vitreous and aqueous cytology: cytospin for intraocular lymphomas and metastatic endophthalmitis.
Diagnosis and research purposes: to assist in the identification of tumors and as cancer biomarkers.
The test is based on various molecular biology tools, including polymerase chain reaction (PCR), methylation-specific PCR, in situ hybridization, semi-quantitative and quantitative PCR for mRNA and miRNA expression analysis, western blotting, and mutation analysis. It can be used to study the cancer biology of various ocular malignancies, glaucoma and corneal pathogens.
Based on our extensive services and professional research team, we can develop a reasonable plan for your eye pathology research. Please contact us for more detail information, we will conduct a quick feasibility study and get back to you with information on availability, time duration and pricing within 24 hours.
For research use only. Not for any other purpose.